Healthy Food for the Big Game
Healthy Food for the Big Game: Perfect Snacks for Oral Care
Most of us like to gather around to watch our favorite teams. Some of us even have bets as to what team should win the game. It is indeed very fun and exciting especially if we are also enjoying our favorite snacks while we cheer for our teams. Someone has ordered pizza and a bucket of buffalo chicken wings! It is really a perfect weekend spent with your family. But uh-oh. These snacks not really healthy for our body and particularly our teeth when we have braces. Brushing and flossing usually do not do the whole trick in taking good care of our teeth. A lot of people suffer from tooth decay because we neglect the fact that foods that are delicious are not actually healthy for our precious smile.
Eating is very fun especially if you are sharing this with the people close to your heart. The good news is, there are a lot of healthy snacks that we can still enjoy and they are as tasty as our usual snacks. Here are some of the enjoyable snacks that you can prepare this weekend:
1. Berry Smoothie for braces
Dairy products, such as yogurt and, is very healthy for our teeth. Aside from the fact that it has less sugar content, it is also very rich in calcium, a mineral that is best for teeth and gum care.
How to Prepare:
1. Slice bananas into pieces.
2. Mix blueberry, banana pieces, strawberries, milk and yogurt in a blender. Make sure that it has a smooth texture.
3. Throw in some ice cubes and mix it again.
4. Serve it!
2. CAC Salad for a healthy smile
The CAC Salad which stands for carrot, apple, and celery salad is very healthy for our teeth and gums. The apple, although it is a little sweeter compared to other fruits, is rich in fiber and water. It helps our mouth to salivate to wash down bacteria that cause tooth decay. If you have forgotten to brush your teeth this morning (which is very unfortunate), you can eat an apple to temporarily clean your mouth.
Carrots are also a very good food for oral care. Carrots are also rich in fiber which stimulates our mouth to produce saliva. Carrots are also very healthy for our eyes since it is also rich in Vitamin A.
Celery, on the other hand, is more like a substitute for brushing if you ever forgot to grab your toothbrush because you are in a rush. It keeps our teeth clean for a while because it helps to eliminate bacteria. This veggie is also rich in antioxidants such as Vitamin A and C- vitamins perfect for our gums.
How to Prepare:
1. Slice and mix carrots, apples and celery.
2. Add yogurt, honey and lemon juice.
3. Add seasonings such as pepper, salt and some parsley to taste.
4. Chill it for an hour and serve!
3. Cheesy Cheese Sticks for the Big Game
This popular snack has been considered one of the next big things in oral care. According to dailymail.co.uk, Recent studies found that this fermented product increases alkaline inside the mouth and it also has certain properties that build a protective coating around the teeth. High alkaline level inside the mouth decreases the chances of having tooth decay. Moreover, cheese is also very high in calcium.
How to Prepare:
1. Cut cheese of your choice into strips. Put it in a freezer for an hour.
2. Prepare spring roll wrappers. Lay it like a diamond. Put the strips until you form a line across the wrapper.
3. Wrap it carefully. Seal the edges with water. Repeat the process with your remaining wrappers and cheese strips.
4. Fry it until it is golden brown and crispy.
5. Serve it with your favorite sauce!
Family get-togethers are really best enjoyed with flavorful snacks. However, we should be careful in choosing what to eat. Let us remember the saying that we are what we eat. Our smiles are brighter if our teeth and gums are healthier than ever. How about you? What do you like to eat during family get together? Check it out now and make sure you are keeping your family safe and happy by preparing delicious and healthy snacks!